Testing YouTube

Van der Decken

Re: Testing YouTube

Post by Van der Decken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:46 am

Parsifal wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:19 am
https://youtu.be/YC6f8FbnVMQ

That's all I can get when I copy and paste the video URL. Just the URL, not the video itself.
Are you using the Youtube button to put the youtube codes around it? Put it inside these and it will work:

[youtube][/youtube]

I just put those examples without it to show the raw URLs. Also, if you quote my post you will see it. That is how I figured it out because I noticed some of TalkWagner's videos posted and some did not, then I saw the posted ones had the shorterURL.
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 am

Hooray! Thanks, VdD! (I did have to type it in, since I don't know what the "YouTube button" is. You can't assume ANYTHING when talking computer to this kid.)
Van der Decken

Post by Van der Decken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 am

Parsifal wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 am

Hooray! Thanks, VdD! (I did have to type it in, since I don't know what the "YouTube button" is. You can't assume ANYTHING when talking computer to this kid.)
Youtube button is just above the editing space on the right end of the row of edit features. It will pop it in for you.
Last edited by Van der Decken on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 am

TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 am

Posted via android phone
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 am

I was back and forth on the phpbb tech forum yesterday regarding the best way to post YouTube videos as I wanted to make it as straightforward as possible. Got some very conflicting responses and results.

Currently the most reliable way as VdD says is when you're on YouTube
WIndows:
1) right click on the video and get the "Copy Video URL"
2) on the "Post a Reply" page, look for the youtube button above the typing window.
3) paste (Ctrl-V) into the middle of the of the youtube tags. (Your cursor should already be there.)

I'll play around with a few other devices and I'll write it up when I have a definitive guide of all methods.
Van der Decken

Post by Van der Decken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Meanwhile, the thread is doubling for a favorite You Tube thread. :D