How to upload an Avatar (profile image)

TalkWagner
Site Admin

How to upload an Avatar (profile image)

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Forums look so much nicer when users have images associated with them. Follow these instructions to get an Avatar/Profile pic.

1) On your computer, create an image a maximum of 150px x 150px, which is actually pretty small. The forum doesn't seem to have a feature for reducing image sizes. It simply won't work if your image is larger than this specification.
2) Go to User Control Panel, Profile, Edit avatar, i.e. the items circled.
3) Choose a file from your computer.
4) Click the Submit button.

If you don't know how to reduce an image size, upload a photo here and some kind soul might reduce it for you.
Attachments
Avatar.jpg (60.47 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Parsifal

Re: How to upload an Avatar (profile image)

Post by Parsifal » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:54 pm

TalkWagner wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm
Forums look so much nicer when users have images associated with them. Follow these instructions to get an Avatar/Profile pic.

1) On your computer, create an image a maximum of 150px x 150px, which is actually pretty small. The forum doesn't seem to have a feature for reducing image sizes. It simply won't work if your image is larger than this specification.
2) Go to User Control Panel, Profile, Edit avatar, i.e. the items circled.
3) Choose a file from your computer.
4) Click the Submit button.

If you don't know how to reduce an image size, upload a photo here and some kind soul might reduce it for you.
I'm afraid my computer skills are completely inadequate to this task. Despite my user name, I need a Parsifalian savior to touch the Sacred Spear of Geekness to my Incurable Wound of Technoineptitude - or at least more detailed instructions.
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Do you have an image to hand? If so, go to how to upload an image, and I'll assist you from there.
Van der Decken

Post by Van der Decken » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 am

Just did a screenshot out of the Sawallisch Hollander DVD. Well there I am, Van der Decken.

The image can't be more than 150 x 150 pixels to successfully upload it.

Just wondering why my image is gigantic? Is it because I am close to the 150 pixels?
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.