Introduce yourself

Chat about this site. Problems, complaints, suggestions, offers, etc.
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Introduce yourself

Post by TalkWagner » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Fasolt has created this forum after consulting with others that there didn't seem to be a forum devoted to Wagner. Let's see if there's any interest.
Van der Decken

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Van der Decken » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 am

I just joined. Some may know me from other forums as Fritz Kobus or Florestan. Here I went with a name behind (in the legend) one of my favorite Wagner opera characters. Looking forward to some great threads here. Hope it takes off and really thrives, but not get terribly big because I think behemoth web forums tend to get too messy.

Love the forums for each of the 13 Wagner Operas, but I think besides having the 4 Ring operas separately, there needs also to be a forum for the Ring Cycle as discussing all four combined by the same conductor may be too difficult in the separate opera forums.
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.
Wälse

Post by Wälse » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 am

Hello all! You know me as Bonetan over on TC. Thank you Parsifal (Woodduck) for the invite. This is a great idea & I feel like you all are "my people" lol.

I didn't share too much about my own career over on TC, but I feel a bit more comfortable doing so here. I'm a Wagnerian singer myself, spending about half of my time in Stuttgart as of now, before eventually making the move full-time. I got my 1st European agent at the end of last year just after singing in the Lauritz Melchior Wagner competition in Denmark. In March I was given a large grant from a Wagner Society in the US to make the move & further my career. I sang Wotan's Farewell for them & they were very pleased & enthusiastic about the singer I am & will someday become.

I want to thank many of you for teaching me so much about Wagner over on TC. It's amazing how much I've been able to incorporate your comments into my singing. I will be forever grateful for that. I hope I can share my career progress here with you & I hope that someday some of you will come to see me in the big houses of the world.

BTW Van der Decken, I'll be singing Hollander in Nevada in late October. It will be in a small theater with no pressure. The perfect setting to try out my 1st Dutchman :D
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 am

Wälse wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 am
Hello all! You know me as Bonetan over on TC. Thank you Parsifal (Woodduck) for the invite. This is a great idea & I feel like you all are "my people" lol.

I didn't share too much about my own career over on TC, but I feel a bit more comfortable doing so here. I'm a Wagnerian singer myself, spending about half of my time in Stuttgart as of now, before eventually making the move full-time. I got my 1st European agent at the end of last year just after singing in the Lauritz Melchior Wagner competition in Denmark. In March I was given a large grant from a Wagner Society in the US to make the move & further my career. I sang Wotan's Farewell for them & they were very pleased & enthusiastic about the singer I am & will someday become.

I want to thank many of you for teaching me so much about Wagner over on TC. It's amazing how much I've been able to incorporate your comments into my singing. I will be forever grateful for that. I hope I can share my career progress here with you & I hope that someday some of you will come to see me in the big houses of the world.

BTW Van der Decken, I'll be singing Hollander in Nevada in late October. It will be in a small theater with no pressure. The perfect setting to try out my 1st Dutchman :D
This is exciting, Walse! (Sorry, no umlaut.) I didn't know how deep into Wagner's world you were. There can never be too many Wolves fathering too many valkyries. Even if I never get to hear you sing, I hope you'll keep us apprised of your progress.
Wälse

Post by Wälse » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:04 am

Parsifal wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 am
This is exciting, Walse! (Sorry, no umlaut.) I didn't know how deep into Wagner's world you were. There can never be too many Wolves fathering too many valkyries. Even if I never get to hear you sing, I hope you'll keep us apprised of your progress.
Hahaha! I absolutely will!! Oh, I'll also be covering Alan Held as the Walkure Wotan at the Miami Music Festival this summer. Linda Watson will be the Brunnhilde. It was originally scheduled to be Christine Goerke :)
Last edited by Wälse on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 am

Good to see some folks turning up. I know these forums can takes a while to gain momentum. If you want it to succeed then making regular replies and new topics is surely the way help.

Thanks for the support.