Other Forums You are Member of

Chat about this site. Problems, complaints, suggestions, offers, etc.
Van der Decken

Other Forums You are Member of

Post by Van der Decken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 am

Ok I admit to not reading the forum rules carefully and many forums forbid mentioning competing music sites, so I am only going to mention non-music sites for now, but if TalkWagner says it is okay, I'll list the few music sites too.

Bobistheoilguy.com :lol: I was one of the top posters at that site but rarely go on anymore. People (mostly guys) obsess about motor oil there.

http://standardshift.com/ For lovers of manual transmission cars. I don't post there much as many of the members are of a younger generation that does not speak my language, and seems at times immature.
Last edited by Van der Decken on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.
Wälse

Re: Other Forums You are Member of

Post by Wälse » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 am

I'm a member on sherdog.com. I'm a fight fan & I used to train & almost pursued a career. Quite the dichotomy, but I'm also a member on bellazon.com which is mostly about the fashion world, models, designers etc. I have worked in that field as well. I'm weird, I know :lol:
Don Fatale

Post by Don Fatale » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am

Van der Decken wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 am
Ok I admit to not reading the forum rules carefully and many forums forbid mentioning competing music sites, so I am only going to mention non-music sites for now, but if TalkWagner says it is okay, I'll list the few music sites too.

Bobistheoilguy.com :lol: I was one of the top posters at that site but rarely go on anymore. People (mostly guys) obsess about motor oil there.

http://standardshift.com/ For lovers of manual transmission cars. I don't post there much as many of the members are of a younger generation that does not speak my language, and seems at times immature.
Only in America could there be a forum for fans of manual transmission cars. :)
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Van der Decken wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 am
I didn't know there were forum rules! Must be a default document from the install. I haven't read them. :D

Probably won't be visiting the motor oil forum any time soon, but it's good to know such a thing exists.

Feel free to mention other sites. https://rateyourmusic.com/ is my favourite non-operatic website for keeping up with what the hip young music fans are listening to. The forums are pretty good too.
Van der Decken

Post by Van der Decken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Well besides the obvious site where I am Fritz Kobus, I am also a member of a the Beethoven Reference Site forums but rarely visit or post there and am a member of OperaLively. I like Operalively a lot but it is a pretty slow site most times and they don't dwell on Wagner.
"Pray heaven that soon a wife will keep faith with him!" Senta speaking of the Hollander.
TalkWagner
Site Admin

Post by TalkWagner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Van der Decken wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 pm
Well besides the obvious site where I am Fritz Kobus, I am also a member of a the Beethoven Reference Site forums but rarely visit or post there and am a member of OperaLively. I like Operalively a lot but it is a pretty slow site most times and they don't dwell on Wagner.
As well as Wagner, and then opera in general, I'd like the forum to be home to the other things that Wagner fans have in common, which I suspect are culture, history, philosophy and politics. Looking forward to some interesting threads!